Increasing data allowances on mobile devices to support disadvantaged children
This scheme temporarily increases data allowances for mobile phone users on certain networks. This is so that children and young people can access remote education if their face-to-face education is disrupted.
Dunn Street Primary can request mobile data increases for children and young people who:
- do not have fixed broadband at home
- cannot afford additional data for their devices
- are experiencing disruption to their face-to-face education
Children with access to a mobile phone on one of the following networks might be able to benefit:
- Virgin Mobile
- Tesco Mobile
- Sky Mobile
(Other networks may join the scheme later)
If you need to increase the data allowance on your phone please email: email@example.com
- account holder’s name
- mobile number (a number beginning with ‘07’)
- mobile network
- whether they pay monthly or pay as they go
- stating that you have read and understood the privacy statement
Those affected by the offer need to understand how we’ll use their personal information.
Please share the following privacy statement with:
- the adult account holder for the mobile device
- the parent or carer of the person benefiting from the offer, if they’re under 13
- the person benefiting from the offer, if they’re 13 or over
Please read the privacy statement below.
1. For the purposes of data protection, I need to let you know that the Department for Education (DfE) is running the Mobile Network Offer through schools and their trusts or local authorities.
2. If the offer is taken up by an adult account holder, the school or social care team will share the account holder’s name and mobile phone details with the DfE, who will share these with the relevant mobile network operator.
3. The mobile network operator will use that information to increase the data available for the account holder’s mobile device, as long as they qualify for the offer.
4. The adult account holder’s personal data is only shared with their mobile network operator for the purposes of the offer. No names of children or other adults, other than adult account holder, are shared with the DfE or the mobile network operator.
5. No personal information will be shared with the DfE if you do not want to take up the offer.
6. If you want to know more about how your personal information will be used before you take up the offer, we can send that to you first.
7. If you decide to take up the offer, you’ll get a text message from the Department for Education with more information about your data protection rights.
Link to GOV.co.uk privacy information.
If for any reason you cannot get a free mobile data increase from your provider please get in touch with the school and we can discuss next steps.