Hi Year 2,
It was great to see some of you last week at our ‘virtual lessons’ and I can’t wait to see you this week too. Remember to email me at [email protected]
There’s lots of learning for this week and hopefully the sun is going to shine!!!
English – The Heart and the Bottle
A truly ‘heartwarming’ story…
- Use the first line of the book (‘Once there was a girl, much like any other’) to start your own story. How will it be similar / different to this one?
- Make a list of all of the ‘curiosities of the world’.
- The girl takes delight in finding new things. Plan an activity / trip in which you would be able to find out new things about a topic of your choice. What will you need? Where might you go? Who would come with you?
- How many connectives can you find in the story?
- What different types of punctuation has the author used? Are there any types of punctuation that he did not use? Why?
- Some of the illustrations have speech bubbles that show pictures instead of words. Can you think of the words that the characters might be using?
- Retell the story from the girl’s point of view.
Lesson 1 – Count sides and vertices on 2D shapes
Lesson 2 – Count sides and vertices on 3D shapes
Lesson 3 – Sorting 2D and 3D shapes
Lesson 4 – Patterns with 2D and 3D shapes
Lesson 5 – Maths Challenge
Time Table Rockstars and Lexia
Remember to logon and complete as many minutes as you can – there are prizes every week!!!
If you need a reminder of login details, drop me an email!
Topic – Scavenger Hunts
Last week I’ve been watching Springwatch on the BBC. It has been fascinating to see the beavers rebuilding their dams after all the rain. Our amazing wiildlife has continued to prosper during this uncertain time. You can watch some episodes here https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b007qgm3.
Take some time in your environment and see if you can complete the scavenger hunt…